No. of Recommendations: 1
jakalant writes,

My experience leads me to believe that the idea that the average single teacher would accumulate more money over the course of a lifetime than the average single medical doctor is UNBELIEVABLE.

</snip>

Nobody is debating that doctors make a lot more money than teachers. But doctors also tend to start their money-earning careers at a later age and with a lot more student loan debt. And I'm pretty sure that the vehicles in the doctor's parking lot are a lot more expensive that what you see in the teachers' lot. Doctors likely also live in a much more expensive neighborhood, eat at better restaurants, take fancier vacations, etc. There may not be that much left at the end of the month, even with a fantastic income.

intercst
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.