Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
James responded to

One solution is to have three accounts:<\b>

by writing:

What? Why the H*** would I want to do that???!!!! My goal is to simplify my life, not make it more complicated. I have better things to do that keep transferring money around all over the place.

If you are operating a business, I suggest that it is better for you to have 2 accounts; one for business and one for personal. This will make life easier if the IRS ever comes a-calling.

My suggestion would be that you use the B&M bank for your business (since it appears that your main problems lie with your business-related transactions) and then use an internet bank for personal (I would suggest checking out First Internet Bank at www.firstib.com ).

FirstIB (and I'm sure other internet banks do too) allows you to set up an automatic ACH deposit to occur on a monthly basis. You could decide on a salary to pay yourself, and then have FirstIB automatically transfer this amount monthly from your B&M (business) account to your FirstIB (personal) account. This also has the benefit of smoothing things out for your personal budget.

Just a suggestion. I hope you find it helpful.

Bruce
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.