Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13
Jammerh the reasons are flimsy because we are told that the reason is because Saddam has weopons of mass destruction yet despite months of weopons inspections and now that US/UK controls two-thirds of the country they still have found absolutely NO evidence.

To declare war you have to have evidence BEFORE you go in. It is precisely because the British and Americans could produce absolutely no proof that the UN would not agree.

Why do we enforce UN resolutions in one country and not in another?

No-one is disputing that Saddam has gassed thousands after all WE gave him the materials and WE sanctioned their use against Iran when it suited us. Surprise Surprise Saddam also used it for his purposes.

Not only that but it was OK for us to use Agent Orange in Vietnam and depleted uranium shells in the last Iraq war

When it suited our interests we have supported many many despots that are no less evil than Saddam and there are many more in this world but we don't attack them. No we disarm Saddam by about 80% and then attack his country. What incentive does anyone else have to disarm in the future?

Why is it justified when we say so but not if we don't?

WE are the ones that have WMD's and WE are the ones that use them.

May be the US is the bully that needs to be stopped because no-one outside of North America will ever trust this administration in the future as it has shown it's true colours and that is for a policy of world domination.

Anyone that stands up to this bullying becomes one of your Axis of Losers

I love most Americans I meet but I can not stand a US policy that uses bully tactics and uses force because it can not win the argument whether it be Iraq or trade such as steel and softwood lumber.

This war will have far reaching consequences which IMO will not at all be as the US/UK intended and will have more negative effect on our security than positive. Many outside NA were neutral and inclined to support the US before this war and now the people in moderate and friendly nations attitudes are hardening against the US and that can not be good for anyone.

Hey but no-one ever accused you of not fully supporting your beliefs whether they be for this war or in the companies you invest in :-)

I stand by my statement - Flimsy justification

Best Regards
Philip
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.