Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
Jane, 25 year old individual has already filed a 2012 1040 Return. The individual now wants to contribute $2000 (meets earned income reqm't) to a new Roth Account and designate it for the 2012 year contribution.

Roth contributions themselves are not reported on the 1040. If she qualifies for the Retirement Savers Credit she will need to amend to claim that credit and a refund.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.