Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Jason,

"I held onto AMS stock for years doing a DRIP. Bad move on my part. It would just putter up to 31-35 and then market forces would drop it down again".

AMSY has outperformed the S&P500 for most of the last decade save the last year of course. The market corrects the price when needed but this is healthy. Those stocks that soar without bound often tend to crash and burn all too soon.

This stock is definitely undervalued right now. The company is solid and historical performance indicates that the stock will rebound after a correction. Your own experience in working at AMS might confirm this.

Market corrections open up opportunities to acquire undervalued stocks that are almost CERTAIN to rebound and AMSY is a prime example. Five weeks ago was the perfect time to buy. The "Thrift" project is not out of the woods yet so there might be another brief dip in the future. I don't want that to happen but if it does, I know where my money will be going.

regards,

-G
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.