No. of Recommendations: 0
jayseae
I beg to differ; there was news re Russell2000 (but not significant in my eyes, and also deal with FRO, but on 7/8/99). But if you look at the intra-day chart, the Report came out this Monday at 10:00am (the web site was so overloaded one could not get on for 30 minutes...frustrating), and the stock soared precisely from 10 thru 10:30. Do it; look at the intra-day chart. This cannot be co-incidence. And volume from 90,000 to 7 million - because of addition to Russell????? I cannot even calulat that in percentage terms.
Further, the same happened with TERN last month. On open, it opened up some 25% from previous day's close. That time there was definitely no news at all.
In june (after TERN spike), I went back and did research into recent GTR cover stories, and checked prices of mentioned co.s the following day(s), and saw no spikes (with one possible exception, NXLK). So, IMHO, something changed in June, with TERN (plus it was leaked to YAHOO), and again this week with NOPT. I contend that GG has been "discovered" by those with the power to move markets, and this was not previously the case.
George
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.