Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
I first encountered JB (jbking) as a leader of another team for the Mutual Funds Seminar. I thought I had seen all types of leaders, but JB was unique.

During that seminar, JB won the respect and appreciation not only of his own team but also of all the other teams and their leaders. The success of that seminar was due in no small part to JB's willingness to share his wit and wisdom on every team board. But more than that, he made the other leaders look good.

We were lucky to have JB as a member of the Leadership Team. Although busy with his own team, he was our resident "GO TO FOOL" whenever any leader had questions during the seminar. JB scoured each board for questions and points needing clarification. Then he often directed his answers and gave pertinent links on the Mutual Fund Team Leader Board to that team's leader. Leaders were able to answer the questions for their teams, taking advantage of JB's considerable expertise and research.

JB definitely and unselfishly helped leaders assist and motivate their teams. On the Leader's Board alone, JB answered over 30 questions posed by leaders representing all teams. Additionally, he consistently posted explanations and commentaries to participants on all the individual team boards. And since a few weeks after that seminar ended, he has almost singlehandedly kept the Mutual Fund Seminar Alumni Board alive, continually answering posted questions in a timely manner.

I could furnish numerous links here, but since JB has already been nominated properly, it would probably be redundant to show the scope of his knowledge and expertise. I would like to emphasize that he used his wit when dealing with participants' frustration and was always a positive influence during the seminar, opting not to belittle or berate participants, even when their ideas and/or opinions were polar opposites.

Few, if any, of the dozens of members of the Seminar Leadership Team I have had the privilege of working with have been that instrumental in the success of a seminar. I think it's fair to say that every member of the Mutual Funds Seminar benefited from and most appreciated JB's knowledge, research expertise, generosity and inimitable style.

J. B. King exemplifies the spirit of the stated mission of TMF "To Educate, Amuse and Enrich".

Judy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.