Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Well we are down over 34% since the April/May high and over 19% from the october high. I hope this correction stops soon. Sure this will allow me to add more in my DRIP, but enough is enough.
Print the post Back To Top
>>Well we are down over 34% since the April/May high and over 19% from the october high. I hope this correction
stops soon. Sure this will allow me to add more in my DRIP, but enough is enough.<<

Well, I just very recently started my DRIP with JCI, so this little correction is helping build up those shares a tad faster than normal....but I understand your feelings on the matter too. My usual luck is to buy on a high then watch a prolong correction test my mettle!! ;)
This is definitely testing my limits! I started this DRIP in April '99 so you can imagine what I've been seeing since then. The left side of my brain says "Long term buy and hold - still 5 years to go". The right side wants to beat up the left. This little drop has taught me one thing though, don't look at my stocks everyday!! I can only hope in a couple of years we'll all be looking back and laughing at this from the deck of our new yacht! Until next time...
I've held JCI in a drip for over 6 years. They are a no-brainer.
Don't worry, be happy:-)
Glenn
No. of Recommendations: 1
>>I've held JCI in a drip for over 6 years. They are a no-brainer.
Don't worry, be happy:-)<<

I haven't been with JCI near as long as you, but you are right... Just keep on buying while it is cheap and enjoy the benefits later down the road. JCI is a good company with solid financials and it's like HD- you can't go wrong buying more- Just look at those EPS that JCI has.
I'm gonna keep on buying especially while the price is low and not complain about the slide. Remember that the key to investing is to buy low and sell high... :) (But, quit looking at the day to day prices and panic into selling. This is where I see most investors screw up. Buy regularly and hold. You WILL rest alot better if you don't worry about the day to day prices).

Thomas

My usual luck is to buy on a high then watch a prolong correction test my mettle!! ;)

Well, Its like pulling teeth to me. I can't seem to find the reason why its going down. As i see it, JCI had a positive Qtr. so whats happening?
Best of trades!!!
>> My usual luck is to buy on a high then watch a prolong correction test my mettle!! ;)

Well, Its like pulling teeth to me. I can't seem to find the reason why its going down. As i see it, JCI had a positive Qtr. so whats happening?
Best of trades!!!<<

My guess is that alot of people are taking selling shares of many stocks (not just JCI) and trying to make a fast buck on some of the Internet stocks. It's amazing how much some of the these stocks have gone up when many of the companies have yet to show a single profit (or even a prospect of a future profit). I'll stick with companies with a history of profits rather than speculate on a new company that *MIGHT* have a profit some day...

Thomas

No. of Recommendations: 2
My guess is that alot of people are taking selling shares of many stocks (not just JCI) and trying to make a fast buck on some of the Internet stocks. It's amazing how much some of the these stocks have gone up when many of the companies have yet to show a single profit (or even a prospect of a future profit). I'll stick with companies with a history of profits rather than speculate on a new company that *MIGHT* have a profit some day...

Part of the reason for the decline in JCI stock could be because automakers have hinted that sales are slowing. Thinking about it, a lot of vehicles have been sold during the past few years. A person can buy (or lease) only so many cars and trucks. Historically, the auto industry moves in cycles. I have never figured out what percentage of JCI's sales and profits come from OEM rather than replacement equipment and batteries, but it could impact earnings for the next few quarters. You have to understand that mutual fund managers are under pressure to make every quarter an up-quarter. They do not have the luxury like you and I where we can hang on to a stock because we know that the company will continue to perform well. With JCI trading at 52-week lows, this is a great opportunity to buy. I remember reading somewhere that the best time to buy is when everyone is selling, and this is certainly one of those times.

Happy Holidays!

- Wild
Not looking at the stocks we have everyday is a good practice. I've held JCI since 4/97. Recently, I have begun watching my stocks on the internet. Ifind I sleep better if I only cjheck them once a week or so.

MJG