Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
jctayloruscd,

I explained in my last post how I made solid money off of my predictions by selling my holdings in commodities several months ago and why I did not short: too little time for the DOW prediction and no need to short the commodities in my case as expalained in detail in the last post.

But yes, I very strongly believe on should put the money where his mouth is. There is no point in making predictions when the one of predicts cannot take advantage of it. I took considerable advantage.

That said, money can be made both ways, long and short, with predictions. It is not neccessary to short on a pessimistic view point. The other ways to take advantage are to sell off or to not invest. The price of going wrong on short is far too high than going long. And the gains of doing a short right are far limited that going long. That is why I don't play shorts. I wish I knew more about options as that is the right way to place hedges properly and make the best use of predictions both ways. At some point I will learn this technique too.

Anurag
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.