No. of Recommendations: 2
Jedi:

I like the exterior, big improvement. I like the modern appointments in the interior but do not like the interior. The black faux marble and dash top - yikes. I hope GM is open to feedback and tweaks/adjusts.

I'm reading a lot of hater-ade on the Impala, and more hater-ade that the XTS is just an Impala with a Cadillac badge (palm to face).

GM's thirty plus years of building crap is going to take a long time to live down.

I feel a bit sentimental about the final, fianl, finally retirement of the GM W-Body. It is as reliable as the sunrise now, and as refined as it will get. The current Impala is not a "bad" car in any sense of the word. It is just woefully outdated.

I'm pretty excited about...the Chevy Spark.

At $12,995 nicely equipped and $15,700 loaded it undercuts the entire A-Segment on price. It offers more room than the Scion iQ and smartfortwo, not sure about the Fiat. With a curb weight of just 1,905 pounds the 85 HP version with a manual should motivate the Spark to 60 in about 9-3/4 seconds; that on parity with the Fiat 500 and much faster than the Scion or smart.

Also, given that Scion, Fiat, and smart are not exactly "household' respected brands, the Chevy bowtie is not a disadvantage. In this space, it might help - IF IF IF you can get people into the showroom to look at one in the first place. When I think Chevy, I don't think A-segment and worse, the buyers of A-segment cars are the urban dwellers which largely return to the Toyota showroom like spawning salmon. That's the biggest battle to fight.

Hey, I just left Detroit and parked my rental Ford Taurus right in front of GM HQ to take some pictures inside - LOL.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.