Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
JEDI,

That WAS racism on ACLU and N.O.W's part. As a result, these Liberal groups added to their constituency today.
----
Here we go again-- I think the school sounded like a good idea. Sorry, you can't put me in "a box". I look at issues one by one. These two groups are very radical.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as NAACP, I stopped supporting it in 1991. It is a paid conglomerate of Liberalism now. It ONLY supports Liberal
Colored People.

I disagree, and I think Forrest Gump is with me here:)
--------
In the end, Horowitz's numbers are about crime and population. FACTS.

From where? The only stats I trust are from the GAO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody but God decides who is good, and who is not. In the meantime, NO ONE should decide to redistribute wealth to
people who make bad choices.

-----

I don't believe you can find a Bible quote for this, cause God never said it. Quite the contrary. The Book of Amos is a perfect. The country was very affluent at the time, but noone was helping the poor. I believe God sent 3 other nations after them(?). And interesting to me,
was that God was angry that they had a winter house AND a summer house.
Was He angry because they had two houses? No. He was angry because the poor were crying out to Him. Sounds like redistribution to me.(They had much and weren't sharing). Job is good, too. He was chosen to lead because he didn't just help the poor who came to him---he went out looking for them----with coats to keep them warm at night. The only scripture I can think of for you is when God said if someone came to you for somthing they didn't need---HE would take care of it. Because, I believe, God is interested in our "hearts". He'd rather have us get snookered than be greedy. I lost $5,000. to a person who lied. I'll
never get it back, but my heart was right.
-----------

IF, someone messes up, or gets the shaft in life, we SHOULD help them temporarily, but not as a way of life. The 1994
Welfare bill was AWESOME, signed by Clinton I might add.

Like I said, I didn't vote for him.
---------------

It is true. 33% of kids are from wedlock.

I think this is a misprint. It is very sad so many girls are raising kids alone. Also sad we send them to work before the child is 3.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see Americans rally against the crap that
poisons our Country. IF a network promotes the "single mom" thing, and the 'love her and leave her' thing, lets go for their
throat.

------
No, their pocketbook! Join me. It's hard to give up some of your favorite foods and clothes---But it feels good, too. But be sure to let the company KNOW what you are doing with a letter. See! We do agree!

Bless you for your empty room effort. I have not done that. I HAVE hired and trained MANY people(4 last year), who
were dilligent folks making 20k per year waiting tables. Now, they are doing 50k plus, and getting ahead. It benefitted BOTH
parties.

Also, in my community, I have spent time in classrooms at High School. I have blatantly told kids, do NOT wear your damn
hat backwards, knock up your girl, and be financially screwed at age We BOTH won. Alot of these kids are now
customers of mine, and their credit rating are so strong. Most of these are of minority kids. Most of their counterparts, cannot
get a loan for a hamburger.

---------

Thank You. It isn't easy! At least not so far.
And good for you, too!(Though I think "backwards-hats are so cute!)
Mentoring has been a real success from what I've read, I encourage all to try it if they can. I'm "disabled" in a way that I can't be counted on for specific dates. And I can't convince the school to let them come here.
Yes, seniors have dies due to lack of medicine im sure. Im sure others have died due to poor social services. LIBERALS
invented these things, and RAN them for 40 years!

-----
Yup. And that IS a fact. But we threw the baby out with the bathwater.

Free education? WHAT in a capitalistic country is free? Lets say I cant afford school, you are free to give me all the help
you want, BUT I or my gov't cannot force you to do it.

We can list volumes of successful people, who WORKED through college. McDonalds or other. Becky...you like Perot as I
love him. Look at this biography, how he came up thru poor parents. 100000s of folks have stories like this. This is America,
it is upto us to get off our keesters, and get it. (No anatomy book needed...lol)

-------------
Yes, many people do the "boot-strap" thing. I did, too.
But I was raised in a home where education was a way of life, as was working. Also, good genes. I looked good, had a happy personality and was easy to like. Those things alone can make you successful.
Not every one has the joy of family who love them and help them out when they need it.
I have 5 adopted nephews from abusive homes. They were taken out of those homes from babies to 11 years old. They did fine while at home,
but EVERY ONE has been to prison or jail! Why? I suspect genes or something like it. Some need more help than others and still don't make
it. But "I" have to try!

Let's make a pact here to do one or two issues at a time now. Whew!
I'm happy to have hashed that all out. But my neck is so stiff!!!

Becky

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.