Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife leased a Jeep Gran Cherokee Laredo a short time ago. It has less than 1000 miles on it, and the catalytic converter is defective.
So we bring it to the dealer. They said that it will take an indefinite amount of time to get a replacement because there are alot of these failures in these cars, and the parts maker cannot keep up with the demand.

SO they give my wife a Jeep Liberty to use in the meantime.

We are paying for a Laredo, however.

My question is - Is there any legal recourse I can avail myself of to either get another Laredo, or get out of the lease if they don't fix the car in a reasonable time frame?

I do not know the law in this case. Does anyone on this board? Or could you point me to a source?

Print the post  


Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.