Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Jeff - how much of that is EASY comps?

I don't really know; milligram probably has an idea. I know that last October was relatively weak.

The more relevant data to me is the fact that sales are down 9% YTD, part of which is due to reduced fleet sales, and that their market share is at 24.5%.

If GM can restructure themselves into a company that is profitable with a 20% market share, they will be just fine. When (if) that will happen, is hard to say.

A few other considerations;
1) GM has UAW negotiations coming up in September 2007. A contract that acknowledges reality will go a long way to help GM.

2) Delphi has UAW negotiations coming up as well. I don't think GM really know yet how mch Delphi will cost them yet.

3) Kirk Kerkorian remains an issue. Who knows what his next move is?

- Jeff
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.