Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Jeff,
I can only imagine what kind of co. wide emails Jamie sends out. This much seems to be true. What Jamie doesn't get one year, he'll more than make up for it the next. Have you looked at his compensation lately?

Yahoo has his "Value of in-the-money options" pegged at: $27,906,040
(which I don't even think counts the 6 million dollars worth of stock options he cashed in last year.)

These 2 snippits are from our own Chicago's "Crain's mag".

He was the 5th highest paid exec in Chitown last year.
These are all in millions.
Total compensation $21,537.3 Salary: $1,000.0 Bonus $3,000.0 Long term comp. $17,537.3

Turnaround pays off for Dimon
Posted on 03/04/2002 - A Web-only article from ChicagoBusiness.com
BANK ONE Corp. CEO Jamie Dimon's salary quadrupled to $4.3 million in 2001, a year during which the Chicago-based financial giant's net income rebounded to $2.6 billion from a year-earlier loss. Mr. Dimon, 45, received $1 million in salary, $3 million in bonuses and $332,292 in other compensation, according to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. During 2000, BANK ONE paid Mr. Dimon $1.02 million in salary and other compensation. In addition ...

All in all, I agree that he's been very good for Bank One, but wouldn't you agree that is something wrong when society allow's an individual to be paid these outrageous amounts?

-upatnite2
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.