Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Jeff: My research into corporate governance in recent months has not included Bank One. The previous Bank One CEO was not particularly responsive to the public. My knowledge about Mr. Dimon's accomplishments remains very limited, so I will eat some crow and concede I overdid the rhetorical attacks against Mr. Dimon.

I still am appalled at the lack of timely disclosure by Bank One to its customers (including FORMER customers who no longer had business relationships with Bank One) to warn or assist them regarding the unauthorized criminal release of personally-identifiable credit and banking data.

What may be more frightening than Bank One's very inadequate response to protect their customers/former customers, is that this kind of unauthorized disclosure and criminal activity could potentially occur with other banks. The laws apparently do not require or even encourage banks to notify the victims of such unauthorized disclosure.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.