No. of Recommendations: 3
Jeff, what a wonderful post. I could not have written my viewpoints any better.

Here in SC, I am considered a liberal Democrat. I consider myself a Southern Democrat or a Northern Republican (more of a centrist). However, I do believe that we are our brothers' keeper, and we do need to help those less fortunate. I am far from being wealthy (and will be less so after I pay for all the work being performed on my Florida house). In fact, per the poverty level, I would be a part of that class in income, except for my fixed assets. However, my parents taught me responsibility to those who do not have the good genes and fortune as I.

Everyday I thank God for what my parents taught me (be frugal, but not cheap; watch out for those who cannot watch out for themselves, etc.)

I paid the higher capital gains taxes before they were reduced by Bush. I paid the higher employment taxes (both from myself via my paychecks to myself and through by SubS corporation) before they were reduced by Obama. I can pay the higher rates again, and would gladly do so.

Next year for Christmas, I plan to be one of those who goes to Wal-Mart and pays off someone's layaway (containing presents for children), not to exceed $100.00, which is all I can afford, along with my other smaller contributions to charities involving children.

Donna
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.