Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
jehudith,

If you want to do a more detailed analysis - let me know and we can do it together.
Sounds like a good idea. Wouldn't mind doing that.

I spoke to my broker about 2 weeks ago about resmed - the share price dropped bcs another company has brought out a competitive sleep disorder machine - it is not yet on market
Your broker could be referring to this article from The Age, 24/1/2002
http://www.theage.com.au/business/2002/01/24/FFXH3XYZRWC.html
In a statement released just before the US market closed on Tuesday, Innomedics claimed its "Nasal-Aire" device, which is expected to be released to the market within the next couple of weeks, had already lined up $US20 million-worth of orders and that it had been preferred by 98 per cent of users involved in a "blind" trial.

Or this, from the West Australian, 25/1/2002:
http://www.thewest.com.au/20020125/business/tw-business-home-sto41629.html
Chief executive Peter Farrell said he was sceptical about Florida-based Innomedics"announcement that it had $US20 million ($39 million) worth of orders for its soon-to-be released Nasal Aire device.

Yesterday, Resmed shares slipped 6.7¢ to $9.033 after falling 7.6 per cent the previous day in reaction to the Innomedics announcement.

This was the product I referred in my first post at the start of this thread.

There is also this gem from AFR, 1/2/2002
The strong results followed a recent 10 per cent plunge in ResMed's share price, due to predictions of falling demand from US competitor Respironics.

Respironics and Resmed have slugged it out a few times in the courts over patents.

Chris
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.