Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What do we say to the god of death?

And also, when will the market stop teasing another drawdown and actually have one, vs just a dip that seemingly is bought every time?

Doom <--- when will he finally get to deploy cash? Not today.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
bought small amount of VYGVF at $11.70
was a great trade at $12 in March.

Will take a mere "good" trade this time around.
May go lower.

This may finally be start of another drawdown...if so, I want to use small tranches, to steal champ's term.

Doom
Thanks for noting that here. I picked up a few more shares today under 12.
I also grabbed a ridiculously low amount of UPST at $107.80

Probably should have grabbed more, but for all I know this is day 2 of a 5-day drawdown.
UPST slowly became a 5% position, so I was hesitant to chase the knife further above $100.

If it ever gets to the $80s/90s again, I may add more.
And then if it gets back to $50s/60s, I guess I will probably cry a lot.

Doom
No. of Recommendations: 2
Voyager pre-announced Q4 revs (through June 30) today: 105-107M

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/voyager-digital-ann...

Last quarter their profit margin was 50% -- $30M profit on $60M revs. So I'd expect something in that range in Q4, maybe $50M in earnings.

Also bought back and retired 247,000 shares.

I'd like for this to put a floor under the price if nothing else. Hopefully we get a bounce for quick swing for those who are want to do that sort of thing :)
you would think that should get stock moving up again.
I probably should have bought more once it landed in my "$12 range".

Let's see if they are still reasonably-priced at the open tomorrow!

Doom
This current market has a way of extinguishing even great news. We may yet, get our chance tomorrow.
Doesn't warrant GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!

But I did score some at 11.5.

As the greaseman would say, 'got me a slice'.
DOOM:

Been Adding to UPST consistently while trying to decide if herd mentality is pushing me or whether there is some real there there. MOOOOOOO.

All the Best,
I’m in the same boat on UPST and will keep adding slowly as it falls. I expect outstanding numbers when they report on 8/10 but don’t trust me. I’m just someone that typed those words here.
I suspect that a great many of us high growth sharpies are in the same boat. I know Saul has/had UPST as a 12% position at one time - and if he had it, then a lot of other folks have/had it.

All The Best,
Going to lunch.
May regret not buying "the dip" but if ind stocks don't meet or go lower than the most recent significant drawdown of May 13th, then I don't see the point.

As I saw May 13th valuations as "better" but not exactly "cheap".

Using a lot of "quotations" today.

Doom
I bought more Sea Ltd. (SE). I figured that it was down in sympathy with the Chinese and other Asian stocks, but not a China-centric stock. Sometimes the baby gets thrown out with the wash due to ETF's being unloaded. We shall see. As usual, this was a transaction early in the session--pre bedtime--and so I am currently in the red on this one. Three days more this week/month to see if it will be a good trade.

Read a good article (behind a paywall) about Evergrande, a massive Chinese real state company heavily levered and with dollar denominated bonds selling at 47 cents. Too big to fail, but....

KC