Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

This is absolutely hilarious. Crammer is Bullish on the Dow for 2009!

If that is not the biggest, brightest sign that we have more to fall this year, I don't know what is. Honestly, Crammer is a clown and is terrible at "picking" stocks. He randomly pushes hundreds of stocks daily on his show. He is simply a paid cheerleader (as Abitare calls them, and I completely agree).

There will obviously be some volitility along the way. For example, this latest bear rally. But all in all, we are going lower. Guarenteed.

We will eventually turn back up, but this will only happen when the ridiculousness that is Jim Crammer stops "calling the bottom" and shouting that he is "bullish"!

Print the post Back To Top

Cramer

Guaranteed

volatility

If people actually paid attention to Cramer the market would have collapsed already. It was less than a month ago that he said he believed the dow and s and p would be flat growth for 2009 and only drug stocks were a good buy...

Now he is bullish? After a bear rally. Does that guy even think before he speaks? I doubt it.

haha oops, I guess there goes all credibileity (kidding) credibility of my post. I was laughing too hard to focus on my spelling, sorry about that one.

Some people complain that Caps needs a spell check, not me. Who needs this when Donnernv is around handing out free lessons!

This man hurts people.  While his show might generate ratings, his advice hurts.  He loves to cherry pick past predictions and tout them as if he was a guru.  My two favorites are his banging the table crying Sarbanes-Oxley, yet 6 months later telling people to buy certain financials only to see them crash; and his more recent how he was right in telling people to SELL when the Dow was already at 8,000.  He forgets that he told people to buy when it was at 13000.  Now it is at near 9000 after his 'sell" alert. His credibility is zero.  And while he might be right sometimes, even a clock is right twice a day.

I do, however, think the market will have upside potential this year simply because too many things still are oversold (especially the energy and commodity sector).  And with low low interest rates there really isn't many places to park funds that can generate decent returns off income alone.  He calls them accidental yielders.  I said do this in a blog MONTHS before he took up this mantra. 

He's a churner.  Plain and simple.  He makes multple opposite calls and cherry picks the right ones to tout.  Watch Bloomberg, don't watch his show.

awalle im pretty sure you said that the next crash is coming.  I think he knows a little bit more then you...

the only one making real money is crammer

i remember cramer doing his special on coal stocks. It had to be at the absolute top. All these a-holes have no real picks. If it's going up they think it's great, down it sucks!

stlblues read all my blogs. I've been fairly consistent and longterm bullish.  Whether he knows more about just me is unimportant.  I'm not on TV telling people what to do.  He borders on the negligent when he gives people financial advice after only listening to 1 minute of a viewers story.  Any competent advisor would first get a detailed picture of a given person's financial background first.

He contradicts his own advice when he even tells people to do at least 1 hour per week homework per stock. No way in hell is he even listening to this when he spouts off opinions on literally hundreds of stocks.

And yeah dabronx, same with his telling people how 2008 was the year of nat gas.  Told this when it was at its peak, and then it crashed too.

thanks for reading my posts. if you check back you will see that I wrote an answer to another reader that may interest you or clarify things.

I appreciate that you care enough to give me some advice but it is not as easy.

I like to move to some place cheaper but I am scared. I am scared that my sitution worsens. I have seen so many people from LA who moved to Las Vegas or Arizona and their situation got worst and they are back in LA with less money now than they had before.

Also you have to consider where I come from and what my background is. As you know by now I am from Iran. I was born there and moved to Germany at 14 by myself to escape the war and for a better future so I thought.

My father had a big water pump factory. the first of that sort in the middle east. he was basically copying GE pumps that were called Bell & gasket. Those pumps are still in production in the U.S. My father is an engineer and an architect. He designed and built all fire stations in Iran, many bridges (some were distroyed by American Boms that were sold to Saddam) many bazars, and many modern buildings. We were well-off in Iran to say the least. The house that we had in Iran (this hous was built by my father after I left Iran) had a glass elvator that you could drive your car in and end up in fornt of the living room. This house was in northern part of Tehran and woudl be worth millions (dollars) now. In any case, I left that life of privilege to get educated to get better and stuff. In germany I suffered a lot. the language was hard, in addition I had to learn French, and Latin while maintaning good grades so I could pass the classes. It was tough. Imagine you go to China and now you have to translate Chinese to Japanies??!! This was how it was for me. So Germany was hell. in addition there was still a lot of racism going on. "Scheiss Auslander" is a common phrase in germany which mean Shi&&Y foreigners. So I had enough and then moved here to LA. Again I was hoping for a better life and didn't give up. Meanwhile my father was getting old and people and the Iranian government were taking my father's business away from him. He actually told me he was kidnapped once by government people to a random place and they made him sign the papers to sell the factory to them for a cheap price. I know if I was there this could have never happened.

So when I came here, I stared fresh. I started working for min. wage for my cousins in LA garment district. It was back breaking work. One day I quit and started my own business with $2000. To make it short after 5 years I had this clothing company that had sales of around a million in 1998. It was called "Chevion" kindda like skateboard/surf/ resort clothing for men. After 9 11 my business really tanked, plus there was a lot fo issues with my father who came here with the rest of family in 2000. He was a big guy and now he was no body and it was tough on him and me and needless to say my business suffered and in 2002 I declared bankruptcy..chapter 7 and chapter 11.

When i had my business I was going to school at nights after I closed my warehouse. So when I closed my business I went to school fulltime (mostly to get financial aid) and transferred to UCLA. At that time I didn't know better and I was no confident to go into a science field, so like many other clueless tsudents I went into Social Sciences, because 1) they accept you easier 2) because you can say you went to UCLA ( i know it's stupid). My biiger goal was anyways to go to law school. After taking the LSAT many times I finally got accepted into La Verne Law School (lower tear law school in la verene/ riverside county near LA). It was my first week in Law School that the dean asked to talk to me. For some reason my loan didn't go through and they asked for money. he offered me 2000 in scholarship which could never cover any of the cost of living and tuition. I called the loan company and they said because of my bankruptcy they denied it. It was weird to me because I thought once I got accepted everything would be fine. So you can imagine...it was like a kick into my stomach...this was 2006.

I still didn't give up, i looked for jobs and couldn't get any with my major. So i signed up at West LA community college for an Aviation Maintenace program. It took me 3 years but in 6 weeks I am done with that and I hav to take 3 written exams and oral and practical exams to get my FAA license..it's called A&P license. but now so close to the end im depressed again. At the bginning of this 3 years ago our teacher were saying me that I can make 40 bucks/ hour, they even showed me news paper articles and so on as proof. Now they say I can make only 17 bucks/hour and many companies are not hiring and have layed off workers. One of the biiger emplyer is Robinson Helicopters ( was visiting by President Push last year) and they are laying off people and with the FAA license they give you only 17bucks.

So you see...anytime I moved or started something new my sitution got worst.

Now several things: because of my bankruptcy I even don't know if I can rent another place and if I get approved. I can't move now also because of my school. So you see how everything is? Not as easy as you thougt huh? and things are more complicated. You can't just tell a person pack and go some place cheaper, there is alot of factors that go into that. And you know: I hope you see that im not a lazy person. I mean I have 2 jobs (working for Devry univeristy as indepent contractor which means they pay me nothing and no benefits and no room to move up in the company, and I work also as a driving instructor) and go to school full time.

Don't ask how I manage this. I have to be at 2 places at the same time. My classes are at night so I have to go to work, set up stuff, the teacher think I am around the campus, but then i go to class and sign there and sit until the end and then i have to go back to UCLA/USC or whatever location and take the equipment back)

So anyways...this is my situation. 

regarding Jim Cramer I agree with you. He is in it for only 1 thing: his own profit.

Have you ever noticed the stocks he is recommending is never under $5?? Many of the stocks he recommended are penny stocks now and he refuses to talk about them. Every day he finds a new stock that is in 40's or 50's and he recommends that. He recommended UNG soooooo many times whne it was at $70.00 now UNG is $14 and he never talks about it. I know of this because I bought UNG at $70.00 I am sure I am one of the lucky ones because the stock didn't become penny stock.

And these days that he is running out of companies with stocks over $40 and $50 what does he talk abouy mostly?? Apple, MS, Exxon, and other companies that every idiot knows can never go bankrupt or become penny stocks .

It's just a stupid show and he is a puppet for stock broker houses.  Notice the commercials: 4 bucks a trade..etc. That's what Jim Cramer is after...people trading stocks so his sponsors make money so that they can pay him more money...his game is done!

One other thing to consider...when dow is cut in half lets say from 14,000 to 7000 it really doesn't mean that most stocks were cut in half.

If you study how Dow works it averages top/important/historically important stocks. Many penny stocks are thrown out of Dow calculations. So Dow is very deceiving.

Where is Option 1307 now (and all those other equally amateurish pronouncers who agreed with him). Hiding behind a rock somewhere I suppose, only to pop up later and pretend that they know what their talking about. On a fairly sizable portfolio, I've made 23% YTD listening to Cramer. Think of the money that would have been lost listening to all the nay sayers. The market is going down in '09, GUARANTEED, GUARANTEED, GUARANTEED (per Option 1307 Jan. 6, '09). I'm laughing at the ridiculousness that is Option 1307, (and all the way to the bank). What a clown. The difference between a real professional and a rank amateur. Plus Cramer made the call of a lifetime when he got me (and others who listen to him) out of the market in Sept. '09. Love that man! PS-- to Option 1307-- if you sign up for Cramer's services it's spelled with one M.