Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
With the closing of PayDirt I wonder what role my friend Jim Gillies has with The Motley Fool.

This guy is smart, indefatigable, funny, loyal, and a generous teacher. Has anyone explained stock options or CAPM or arbitrage so clearly before, using real companies to illustrate? If Jim recommends a stock, I trust that he has shaken the company inside-out to make sure he knows the full story. PayDirt may have gotten off to a rough start, but I bet that over the long haul Jim’s picks will put him at the top of the TMF performance scoreboard.

So I hope my friends in Alexandria find something “Canuck” can dig his teeth into, for all of our benefit. Jim represents the very best in what I believe the Fool aspires to be.

I am going to post this note on a few boards. If you share my view, add your two cents.

Hewitt Heiserman
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
With the closing of PayDirt I wonder what role my friend Jim Gillies has with The Motley Fool.

I don't know, but that Jim isn't in Alexandria may be a factor (he isn't right?). Jim has been a pleasure to read and interact with, even tolerating a shenanigan or two from my end at times, like humoring me by trying to incorporate the dictionary.com word of the day into the HG daily, back when it was a daily. Since there will be asset management product(s) (? on details) rolled out, I would expect he would / could be involved, but saddened if that limits his board interaction, as I expect it might.

Just don't know. Even if he ventures out somewhere else, I hope to find out where. He wouldn't be the first XMF analyst I happily pay for.

TMFHelical
Community Analyst Team (i.e. free lancer also not in Alexandria)
Being in Alexandria doesn't seem to be a requirement. Philip Durell, the principle adviser of Inside Value lives in Canada.

I have been wondering too what would become of Jim and Stan now that PD closed. But at least their PD duties never stopped either of them posting some excellent analysis on some of their favourite HGs. So I'm pretty confident that no matter in what capacity they'll be employed next they'll keep following those same companies.

Mark
I couldn't agree more. Well said.