No. of Recommendations: 0
Jim,

I wasn't aware of this unfortunate reality for Cracker Barrel. Two ways of seeing this. First, if in fact that is company policy, CBRL will be hurt over the next five years for going against the prevailing culture. When in Rome, be like the Romans. When in America, embrace diversity.

A second way of seeing it is that, if the company's stock does appear a deep value down the line, pick up some shares and make your voice heard through investor relations and via the shareholder meeting. That may prove too much effort for any potential reward, but I've found that many companies do respond to reasoned criticism.

Thanks for bringing that information to the site. I hadn't seen the HBO documentary. If what you say is accurate, CBRL will be hurt by it going forward. Best,

Tom Gardner
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.