No. of Recommendations: 5
Jim I will give you a victory lap about the longer term decline in rates. We now have financial repression like no one could have ever imagined. I'm talking about the street inflation that we as consumers experience not the government's lower published numbers. Does this financial repression continue to become more extreme?

We also have to navigate the credit risk that I believe we are not being compensated for in these markets. REIT securities are basically like junk bonds; maybe a tad more secure because of the real estate business model. The pretty buildings are only as good as the tenants that pay rent(in some cases for only a day or 2 at a time). Assigned real estate values have increased as a result of the debt terms available from this financial repression.

I wonder what Reitnut would have say about these markets.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.