No. of Recommendations: 0
Jim,
"Right now I'm seeing the lowest estimated interest rate at strike $120 (3.98%), but the bid/ask at that strike is lower than the surrounding ones so it may be a head fake as suggested above.
At the time I did my snapshot there are only 11 contracts offered at the ask, far less than the 100+ at several surrounding strikes.

Jim "

This calculation demonstration in the full post caused some alternative neurons to connect. BRK.b has been above $120 since early 2014. Current BV is $200 plus with announced price support buybacks at prices near that level from the cash rich company. Which leads to the idea that buying the BRK.b and selling the two year calls for a 4% - 5% annual yield could be a good replacement for a portion of a laddered bond portfolio. Return is about twice current treasury yield.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.