Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
JimMont. When you run the tax numbers out to the plus or minus 16 years of distributions required by uncle sammy, You may start getting a little nausus when you start getting into the 5th, 6th, and etc. required take-outs. The capitol gains on your investments will be added to your total account each year and will be a part of the annual distribution. I am trying to get as much money out of my "conventional IRA" rolled over into a "Roth IRA". I'm sure that you are aware that you can't do a roll over into a "ROTH IRA" after the annual distributions from a "conventional IRA" has gone into effect. It will be money well spent to get some tax advice from a tax attorney as soon as possible, as it could save you heaps of cash the future. There is one book that I think you will find invaluable. The Motley Fool's "Investment Tax Guide 2000" It is written in a way that all of us fools can understand. Leon
Print the post  


Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.