Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
*Jindal
*Christie
*Perry
*Walker
*Pence, of Indiana
*Mitch Daniels
*Kasich of Ohio
*Jeb Bush

Who on that list would possibly be The One?

I'll narrow it down past bruising primaries, assuming any of them is stupid enough to run.

Christie
Kasich
Jeb Bush

I doubt many have followed the various GOP governors this year. Many of them have changed in a big way as to their attitudes, and their ideological leanings. The issues of immigration, education, support for the poor and the elderly.

As with all politicians, it's hard to know if they're being genuine, or just going with the flow to appear that way. But at any rate, those that didn't change their style or delivery after the last election, and the shutdown, will not make that list.

I think the key to fining the right guy is to separate the posers from the genuine, those that seek office versus those that are there to help. Some hard-liners have shown they can change and evolve if they see where they were wrong. The ones that flip flop all around the place for personal gain are fairly easy to spot, and will be left in the dust on the campaign trail.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.