Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
JivinJeff,

Others, including "Somewhere," answered your post adequately in my opinion, but I'm certainly happy to be here and share my points of view or answer questions to the degree that I can. (I, like all of us, don't have unlimited time.) :)

The article that ran last night is a very short piece compared to the long article in this month's Motley Fool Select on satellite radio. I'm sorry that we can't give away our research free of charge (if we could, I'm sure we would), but the point is that the column was an overview argument.

And it was my argument -- an argument that the other RB managers, David Gardner and Tom Jacobs, agreed with, so we acted on it. Beyond them, perhaps no other Fools agree with the short. I don't know. (We keep buys and sells undisclosed from all until announced.)

The Fool does have several writers, and each are allowed/encouraged to have their own favorite stocks. Years past, we would have one article praising Amazon one day, and another author slamming it the next. The Fool is about having your own opinion and making your own choices. (The best example of this, other than "Dueling Fools" articles, may be that the Rule Breaker shorted Affymetrix while the Rule Shaker Port at the Fool UK owned it.)

I didn't know or remember that Rick had run Sirius as a stock under $10. At $3 at the time, it was so far a good choice on his part to include it on the list. Had I known he had, it wouldn't have changed my opinion today, though.

Fool on,

Jeff

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.