Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
JL,
Thanks for the post.I was glad to read the article about Coke - maybe good things are ahead....

Now a little rant....

Apple, on the other hand, chose to give the operating system real improvements at the sacrifice of requiring users to upgrade their software to get the full benefits

For what it's worth, this is exactly why I stopped buying Apple's products. In my case, I had purchased one of the first Macintosh computers. A few months later I had to upgrade it with more memory (I'm an Engineer, so I did it myself) and a few months later they released a new version with more memory and a new ROM. I found I could no longer upgrade without a new motherboard. Apple chose not to offer any significant cost savings to do the upgrade, and I couldn't afford to do it. That left me making payments on a machine that wouldn't run the latest software.

I've since been tempted to buy one of those nifty rainbow colored marvels, but I know that next year, it will be on the junk pile, and the next new Apple product will be all the rage.

Meanwhile, the PC I'm using to type this on is 3 years old, and still runs fine. With the exception of a few game programs it still can run just about anything I can buy.

Windows may stink, but it least it sticks around for awhile.

Z1

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.