Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 21
jmmitias wrote:

I hope I am not being rude but I would like to know what comprises your portfolio BruceBrown.

I am oft teased about my 'mutual fund'. I hold a number of securities that extend beyond a portfolio of 10 - 15 stocks. With that in mind, I'll temper it to list my largest holdings - not as a recommendation for any of them, but just to satisfy your curiosity. The reason for the number of equities is because I'm currently playing three baskets of what I feel are candidates for a gorilla game and I also hold some godzilla stocks and believe it or not - non technology stocks. Imagine that?

The old Fidelity pie chart says that as of this moment, the top 8 positions are, in order:

Intel
JDS Uniphase
Qualcomm
Cisco
Redback
i2
Cash
Brocade

The rest fall under what Fidelity calls 'other'. The 8 largest of the 'others' are, in order:

Siebel
EMC
Broadcom
Juniper
Sycamore
Oracle
Gemstar
Foundry

That's simply based on yesterday's closing prices - which doesn't mean too much. The largest holdings fluctuate based on price action, not any micromanagement that I do. Qualcomm has held the top spot, Uniphase has held it, Cisco has held it and now Intel holds it for the time being. They are each about 10 - 12% of the portfolio at the moment.

BB

Traditional disclaimer: Nothing mentioned above is advice or a recommendation for any of those stocks. It's no longer 'kosher' to say "do your own homework or research" according to dbphoenix. So I'll say this - all the above stocks are wildly overvalued and even though the future looks bright, the degree of risk contained within is nothing 40 or 50 more years of investing can't make up for if I'm wrong. <ggg>
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.