Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Johnson & Johnson faces multibillion opioids lawsuit that could upend big pharma...
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/22/johnson-and-...
"...Day after day, the memos flashing across screens in an Oklahoma courtroom have jarred with the family-friendly public image of Johnson & Johnson, the pharmaceutical giant best known for baby powder and Band-Aid.

In one missive, a sales representative dismissed a doctor’s fears that patients might become addicted to the company’s opioid painkillers by telling him those who didn’t die probably wouldn’t get hooked. Another proposes targeting sales of the powerfully addictive drugs at those most at risk: men under 40.

As the state of Oklahoma’s multibillion-dollar lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson has unfolded over the past month, the company has struggled to explain marketing strategies its accusers say dangerously misrepresented the risk of opioid addiction to doctors, manipulated medical research, and helped drive an epidemic that has claimed 400,000 lives over the past two decades..."

JNJ is one of my bigger and longest-held positions and I've done very well from the decades-long buy-n-DRIP strategery - But...

But I have no compunction at all in having every person at JNJ involved in this opioid epidemic strung up and IV'd with their own products as street justice... whether that involvement was by commission or omission doesn't matter.

I'm beginning to think that the JNJ Credo is now just empty words much like the soaring rhetoric of "Respect, Integrity, Communication and Excellence" - which was the vision and values statement of... Enron.

I hope I'm wrong.

Duuude1
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.