Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
...to help reduce the risk of strokes...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2019/01/17/a...
"...Apple and Johnson & Johnson are teaming up on a study to determine whether the latest Apple Watch, in conjunction with an app from the pharmaceutical company, can accelerate the diagnosis of a leading cause of stroke.

Atrial fibrillation, or AFib, is an irregular and often rapid heart rate that is linked to about 130,000 deaths and 750,000 hospitalizations each year in the U.S. Up to 30 percent of cases go undiagnosed until life-threatening complications occur. Worldwide, about 33 million people have the condition.

The controlled, randomized multi-year Johnson & Johnson study will start later this year and be limited to U.S. adults ages 65 years and older who wear the Apple Watch Series 4. Specific details on how to participate will be released later...."

I think I've mentioned before that I have yuuuuge amounts of AAPL, I've put more into AAPL than some of my index funds and I'm a yuuuuge index funder...

And I have yuuuuge amounts of JNJ (as well as other med/pharm companies) from my early pre-Fool history in the industry.

So it is GREAT to see a coupla my biggest individual stock holdings working together in one of my favorite areas - healthcare.

And JNJ, tho I own lotsa them, is a typical risk-averse big incumbent healthcare company and is in no way going to take on a big risk with a poorly run company with a bad history of bad R&D. One thing JNJ does well is R&D...

So this is a big validation of AAPL and their leadership and their product - the Watch.

Shake off the bad-news-nellies and keep an eye on this new tech and AAPL's venture into healthcare - this'll be yuuuuge!

Better still - keep a few shares (of both) on hand.

Duuude1
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.