Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11

I had a kind of funny job interview phonecall today when someone rang me up looking for a job. My tips for future people looking for a job would be :

1. When I ask what experience you have in the job, don't list every company in the city that works in that field because I'll think you've just looked up the phonebook for companies or you weren't good enough to stay at any of those companies very long.

2. When I try to narrow the field a bit and ask you which companies you've worked for the last couple of years, don't read out that list again.

3. When I try and make the point that you've moved between companies a lot and would there be a reason for that, telling me that you were having a run in with a bikie gang and they were spiking your food and drinks with speed and that was making you unreliable but you're now not taking drugs by accident might not be the best thing to mention in an interview.

4. Telling me that you're not afraid of bikie gangs any more and that you'll kill any of them that f%^& with you including the Hells Angels confuses me as to whether you're brave or stupid or still actually involved with bikie gangs spiking you with drugs.

At least he was honest though.

boycosmo
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.