Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Joe,

You wrote, Saving is going on, but my bank is paying 0.5% interest on my money market, which may drop soon. the best CD i can access is about 2% at the 6month rate

I have an ING Direct savings account. It currently earns 2.75% APY. It's an FDIC insured bank. I keep much of my emergency funds there. The account is tied to my checking account at my local credit union by ACH, so it takes 2-3 business days to shift funds around. Otherwise, it works great and beats the 1.5% my credit union is paying.

ING is offering a $25 signup bonus; but you need a friend to refer you. Your friend gets a $10 bonus. You need only deposit $1. If you would like to be my friend, reply to this post by email (click on the E-Mail this Reply to the Author check box when you reply) and I'll send you the referal link.

- Joel
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.