Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
joelcorley,

Excellent post. Too bad no one is going to read it. :-)

Interesting. Just the other day, I was telling someone "in real life" that even though I'd had a substantial unbroken string of being 100% correct in Internet-debates lately, with a nearly unprecedented level of rock-solid references to back my positions up, there wasn't even a single thread where someone posted "you're right", or anything of the sort. They just change the subject, or stop posting in the thread.

So thanks for the compliment. It's enough that you read it.

I don't think Republicans are as inept as you seem to think.

Granted. I was largely being sarcastic about the Republicans.... I intended the "ineffective" comment mostly as a joke.

They don't actually live up to those promises - they're responsible for as much pork as the Dems - but they certainly do like to co-opt the Libertarian message.

But does co-opting a message, and then not living up to that message, really constitute effectiveness? Sure, they're effective at staying in office. But what should one make of a party that keeps promising smaller government, and then making it bigger?

Phil
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.