No. of Recommendations: 25
"Watergate Figure John Dean Suspects Barr May Be Hiding Something 'Fairly Ugly'"
-----------

We haven’t really seen the underlying report, but I have some suspicions that the reason he boiled this down the way he did is because it’s not very attractive. Mueller’s words are very different than Barr’s, I suspect....I think Barr had a heads up on this...one of the reasons he backed off on obstruction is there was disagreement with the department whether a sitting President was capable of obstructing justice.

Don Lemon asked Dean what if Barr had been the AG during Watergate?

<<"After reading Barr's Memo critiquing Mueller’s obstruction investigation and now his summary of Mueller’s Report, it is clear that Richard Nixon would not have been forced to resign his office if Barr had been AG. Barr wants a POTUS above the law.">>

....and Barr got his wish.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/watergate-figure-john-dean-su...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Disappointed but not surprised. Barr is just another toady.
No. of Recommendations: 0
There is nothing to hide!!! Mueller didn't find a crime. Releasing the report isn't going uncover any crime as if there was a crime Mueller would have concluded as such.
No. of Recommendations: 7
<<"After reading Barr's Memo critiquing Mueller’s obstruction investigation and now his summary of Mueller’s Report, it is clear that Richard Nixon would not have been forced to resign his office if Barr had been AG. Barr wants a POTUS above the law.">>

Apparently true. Barr auditioned for his role in the reality TV Trump Admin show with his unsolicited "memo" touting the unfairness of Mueller's investigation, and won his golden ticket. I hope he finds it worthwhile. My guess is that he will come to regret his deal with the devil. Many already have.

We've been laboring under the delusion that no one is actually above the law. Turns out that simply isn't true. If you lie and cheat well enough, long enough, you can still win. I was also raised to believe that cheaters don't win. That's not true in Trump's America.

This grand experiment may be coming to an end. These are symptoms of a terrible disease. The rot is in place, and spreading.

Nauseating.
No. of Recommendations: 1
releasing the report isn't going to uncover any crime

apparently you read the report--- care to release it here for us to see too? TIA
Nigel,

It's not Trump, the real villains were the very people you have been believing and supporting.

Why aren't you livid at Democrats for lying and getting your hopes up about how they personally have seen slam dunk evidence of Russia collusion? Why aren't you livid at the media for reporting the same?

Mueller investigation is the gold standard, you won't get an investigation more thorough that that, if he didn't find anything, it means Trump was right, and anti Trumpers were wrong, or worse, liars!!!
"releasing the report isn't going to uncover any crime

apparently you read the report--- care to release it here for us to see too? TIA "

Mueller didn't find a crime, if he did it would have been in the report.
No. of Recommendations: 14
Nigel,

It's not Trump, the real villains were the very people you have been believing and supporting.

Disagree. Trump is a scumbag. I know the type.

Why aren't you livid at Democrats for lying and getting your hopes up about how they personally have seen slam dunk evidence of Russia collusion? Why aren't you livid at the media for reporting the same?

What lie are you referring to? Junior's meeting alone who's an absolute willingness to collude. Certainly not a stretch to assume there is other, more damning evidence. We need to see the report in full.

Mueller investigation is the gold standard, you won't get an investigation more thorough that that, if he didn't find anything, it means Trump was right, and anti Trumpers were wrong, or worse, liars!!!

Woah. Whatever makes you think Mueller "didn't find anything"? The full report will tell what he found. We haven't seen that yet. His conclusions were that there was not sufficient evidence to accuse Trump and/or the remaining uncharged members of his campaign of coordinating with or conspiring with Russians in order to sway the election. There was AMPLE reason to be concerned about that. Secret meetings, lies about Russian contacts, gleeful "I LOVE IT" from JUNIOR, and on and on. We were right to be concerned about these questionable actions, and you should be too. Do you ever wonder why so many people around Trump lied about contacts with Russians? Why did they lie so much about that?

As to the question of obstruction of justice, Mueller took two years to investigate, and was unwilling to come to a conclusion. Trump's newly minted AG, who auditioned for the job with an unsolicited "memo" that promoted the idea that the President should be above the law, made that call in 48 hours. Does that sound right to you? Any concerns about that? I sure have some. It stinks.

The stench of corruption is here to stay.
Mueller didn't find a crime, if he did it would have been in the report.

We haven't seen the report.
"Mueller didn't find a crime, if he did it would have been in the report.

We haven't seen the report."

This statement says you believe Barr is lying, pretty bold.
"This statement says you believe Barr is lying, pretty bold."

Jumping in: "Lying"? Who knows at this point?
Misleading spin? I suspect fersure!

Ken
"Jumping in: "Lying"? Who knows at this point?
Misleading spin? I suspect fersure!"

Point is I don't think Barr would lie if Mueller's report actually proves a crime in writing.

Spin? Let's use this example for fun.

To get to the point or not

1. Trump is incompetent, dangerous, and immoral, shows bad judgment and shouldn't be President, however I could not find any evidence to support any crime of conspiracy/collusion with Russia.

2. I could not find any evidence to support any crime of conspiracy/collusion with Russia.

I think what the left is after is the scathing rhetoric, the adjectives, the word bashing to use against Trump, not the point of did he or did he not commit a crime?

All we need to know from Barr is #2, did he or didn't he commit a crime?
The left want's to hear Mueller's opinion on how bad a man Trump is, which has nothing to do with anything at all.

So being direct and answering the question is not spin.
"Mueller didn't find a crime, if he did it would have been in the report."

"We haven't seen the report."

This statement says you believe Barr is lying, pretty bold.

No, it say that we haven't seen the report. Would you accept a 4 page summary from an AG appointed by Hillary? No. Having a political appointee interpret the report of an investigation of the person who just recently appointed them is problematic at best, and has the appearance of something corrupt.

We need to see the report, in full. Although I doubt we will.
In other words you believe Mueller found a crime, put it in the report and Barr is lying by announcing no crimes were found.

Not saying you have to like the outcome, but to believe Barr is lying when he can be easily ousted for doing so because the report is what it is, is pretty ridiculous.
In other words you believe Mueller found a crime, put it in the report and Barr is lying by announcing no crimes were found.

Not saying you have to like the outcome, but to believe Barr is lying when he can be easily ousted for doing so because the report is what it is, is pretty ridiculous.

Read what I said, not what you want to think I said.
"Read what I said, not what you want to think I said."

I did, the point is Barr can't lie in his summary because it will be uncovered if he did easily. If Mueller found a crime and put it in his report Barr can't lie about it.

So all this "I don't believe Barr, I need to see the report myself" is pure politics and anger in reaction to Mueller not finding a crime.

Boggles the mind that the left thinks Barr is lying about Mueller not finding a crime.
"Read what I said, not what you want to think I said."

I did, the point is Barr can't lie in his summary because it will be uncovered if he did easily. If Mueller found a crime and put it in his report Barr can't lie about it.

So all this "I don't believe Barr, I need to see the report myself" is pure politics and anger in reaction to Mueller not finding a crime.

Boggles the mind that the left thinks Barr is lying about Mueller not finding a crime.

Again, read what I wrote - NOT what you want to think I meant. I did not say Barr lied. I did not say Mueller found a crime. It sure seems that anytime you start out saying "in other words" or "the left thinks" you end up in a sideways world of your own making. Stop making stuff up.

We do need to see the full report. It is the right thing to do.
He is just projecting what Eric Holder would do in like circumstance.
"Not saying you have to like the outcome, but to believe Barr is lying when he can be easily ousted for doing so because the report is what it is, is pretty ridiculous."

Well consider who you are talking to. He had to really up his game to rise up to 'pretty ridiculous' from his 'normal' stuff.
"We do need to see the full report. It is the right thing to do. "

Not against seeing the report myself, but the left is saying they need to see it to determine for themselves if a crime was committed which is stupid. Think about it, Mueller says no crime, but Johnny liberal reads the reports and convinces himself there are crimes all over the report and goes bonkers on social media about how he read the report, crimes everywhere, etc. etc.

Sunday quarterbacking won't change Mueller's decision.
"We do need to see the full report. It is the right thing to do. "

Not against seeing the report myself...

That's good. Enough said.