Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13
Guess all the insurrectionists are going to be pleading the Fifth.

According to Doug Letter, House counsel, John Eastman, the law professor who authored the infamous step-by-step memo on how vice president Pence could block certification of the Electoral College vote, invoked the Fifth Amendment 146 times.

Asking for TFG: "The mob takes the Fifth Amendment. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

Well, John, what d'ya suppose prison will be like for ya'?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Constitution!"
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Constitution!"

Whose? Which one? Explain your answer in detail.
The "Constitution!" (the one written by men whose name can't be on school buildings) that some claim to hold in esteem(only sometiems)....allows for taking the 5th.

I don't know the details of the case - 1/6 other than sadness for the death - and giggling at the world seeing what *someone* here said about tribalism is about it.

But pleading the 5th is merely a Constitutional Right.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Don't you think these crooks are all waiting for their Trumpy ship to come in? When the democratic govt is overthrown they will be cleared and then rewarded. It's how it works in autocracies. You want to succeed? You have to be a corrupt boot licking crony. Ask the Russian oligarchy how it works.
I don't care about Trump. My world doesn't revolve around Trump.

Your world, and what used to be your country----DOES. As does the Democratic Party. It's too bad that same focus didn't go to the Biden agenda - as I said countless times last year.

Trump was not corrupt enough - he sadly didn't have the focus and attention span to do it right. Look at Bushes, Clintons - from China to Saudi - they set up a generational dynasty. When an American wants to call out the WHOLE ruling class, BOTH sides - let me know - I'll be interested. Until then - I regret Trump didn't get more perks. And I hope Presidents and Senators see - - it's just fine to cheat and steal, as long as your "side" has power. Trump goes to jail? Stays free? I don't care if Trump comes goes, lays, stays, or prays.(Hat tip, Mike Demone on that last one)

Now back to topic.... because that reply had zero to do with the 5th.

The 5th is afforded by the Constitution.

Cmon, try a post without Trump - try a few days. It'll be ok