Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
JP,

Thanks for part of your comments. The accusations about not doing a bit of research aren't necessary (or true), and they don't contribute much to the thread. I've read many of the posts here.

Admittedly biased toward the negative, Citron's reports are fairly easy to read, unlike forum posts, which by their nature assume some background knowledge.

I'll certainly admit to some confusion. "AMSC Receives $450 Million Follow-On Order from China's Sinovel Wind" (http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080610/20080610005242.html?.v=1). That's a huge order, and yes, I understand that what AMSC does -- they make ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS that are just a part of the whole project.

So how reliable is this Sinovel order? Well, I have an order in for some puts (not filled yet), so I guess I'm betting that it's not very reliable. If it is, and they really do have an order for $450 million over the next 3 years, then AMSC is poised for great things. If not, if it turns out to be false or mostly hope, then AMSC is poised for a fall.

I witnessed months of back and forth like this with HSOA (Home Solutions of America), who had hundreds of millions of dollars in back-ordered work, which turned out to be related-party transactions. The stock was eventually delisted.

This isn't the same thing here, lots of differences, but this $450 million order doesn't pass the smell test.

Anyway, I'd appreciate more thoughts from the board, minus the cheap shots about my research strategy.

Tac
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.