Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
jrr7,

You wrote, If you open an account with ING you can call them up and get the routing number and account number (even though you don't have checks). MBNA lets you pay your bill online; you just have to enter your numbers. So you could pay your bill directly from ING without going through your checking account.

Really?!

I thought an ING Orange account was like a passbook account. I don't know of any (other) institution that will honor an ACH request on a passbook account.

Of course, it would really make sense if ING honors external ACH requests. After all, ING uses internally generated ACH transfers to shuttle funds to and from my CU checking account.

I'll give their CSRs a call.

BTW: It occurred to me that there's another reason not to send the funds to ING if I plan to send them elsewhere. ING has a fairly long holding period on newly deposited funds, even if they were transferred by ACH. That's never been a consideration in the past; but I could easily run afoul of that restriction here.

In fact, that reminds me -- I should call my CU tomorrow to make sure there isn't a hold on these funds before I initiate an out-bound transfer.

Thanks,
- Joel
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.