Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
JT I tend to agree, however it doesn't need to "rally hard" to make money, it's the one of the few sectors you can buy dips and the probabilities are in your favor for higher prices for a nice trade while waiting for the breakout.

I also see divergence amongst mining stocks, Vs the first half of the year when all of them were running, one can be rewarded for doing some homework and picking the best.Of course when we get that "hard rally" the hot $$$ will drive them all.

I like AU have done well with it and it has held nicely with a series of higher lows and highs, having said that I would love to see a pullback to the low 20's again, it would make the chart look ugly, however miners trade more like commodities anyway, so volatile swings, or deep pullbacks are not always indicative of a looming breakdown or breakout.

Ironically while at my daughters this past week while the women were doing their mall thing without me, I switched on "Discovery channel" and they had a show on gold mining featuring Anglo (AU) as the mine being featured, found it very interesting.

donv
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.