Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Judge rules against Johnson & Johnson in landmark opioid case in Oklahoma
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/26/judge-rules-against-johnson-...
"...
* An Oklahoma judge on Monday ruled against Johnson & Johnson in the state’s opioid case.
* J&J said it’s going to appeal the decision.
* The fine was significantly less than the penalties sought by Oklahoma, sending J&J’s stock up about 2% in post-market trading after the verdict was read.
..."

JNJ dodged a major bigly bullet... and got away with a slap on the wrist which will NOT change corporate behavior... and we'll likely see JNJ continue to avoid any responsibility regarding the negative effects of their products on the public.

JNJ is one of my oldest and bigger stock positions... and I'm clearly one of the old-school shareholders to whom the JNJ Credo actually means something. And it is clear that the principles of the Credo mean nothing to current JNJ management... DESPITE them signing onto the Business Roundtable's latest letter on Corporate Purpose which is essentially a carbon copy of JNJ's Credo:
https://www.businessroundtable.org/business-roundtable-redef...

For now I'll continue holding my shares but it feels like I'm just waiting for an excuse to sell - like seeing some of the documents in this latest lawsuit against JNJ.

Duuude1
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.