No. of Recommendations: 0
My california tobacco bonds (zeros of 2047) bumped up more than 50% in the last 6 months. Nothing spectacular, unless you owned a whole slew of them, which I don't.

So, if you want to explore if there is any further upside in the immediate future, help yourself

In January, they were priced twenty bucks and change per $1,000 bond. At the end of June, they are up more than ten bucks in price.

Whatever they are rated now, I consider them very speculative.

If you search for them, I think they are called Golden State Tobacco Revenue bonds...or something like that.

(Presently cying in my beer over over laying out $400+ for a new pair of Nick's this spring, thinking that would give me the impetus to keep working, but now thinking I'll be pulling the plug real soon, and get in some serious back-yard hammock time this summer).
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.