Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 18
Balances include upcoming 6/19 pay check and CC payments:

Visa $12,250 @ 1.9% until N/A
Discover $12,350 @ 0% until 6/18/21
Car loan now $0.00. (This was never in our CC debt figures, but since it was at 7% we prioritized it.)

5 cards between BOA, Chase, and Citi: $0.00

Efund: $2,900

Since the May update I have been able to work some overtime--currently in OT for the 5th straight week. OT is seldom available these days, so when the bus came by I got on.

This sort of sums it up: "focused on Doing One Thing... just keep doing it." -ThyPeace

I'm keeping it brief, but I may share more thoughts later. Back to work!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 24
Yay! Progress!

Visa $12,250 @ 1.9% until N/A
Discover $12,350 @ 0% until 6/18/21
Car loan now $0.00. (This was never in our CC debt figures, but since it was at 7% we prioritized it.)

5 cards between BOA, Chase, and Citi: $0.00

I would just like to point out that in the first 10.5 months after your 1/1/19 post, you cut your credit card debt from your original $50.6k to $42.3k - an impressive 16.4% But in the 7 months since then, you have cut the credit card debt to $24.6k - less than half of the original total, and a further 35.0% reduction. Less time and accelerated progress - your snowball is turning into an avalanche.

And that doesn't even count the car loan that you also paid off, and the acceleration that being able to put the prior car payment toward the credit card debt will add.

Good job!

AJ
No. of Recommendations: 3
Yes!!! Exactly!!!!

ThyPeace, pleased to see such awesome progress through all the difficulties of the last several months.
No. of Recommendations: 7
More avalanche to come AJ. Seven weeks of overtime will come to an end on July 4, but DW's side hustle is slowly coming back, and she is also helping with mine which is finally getting close to a major win.

What is really helping most is focusing on the income side of this..."means above your living" is proving to be the way out. Back to work!