Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
June, you can certainly transfer your IRA/Annuity to a regular IRA if your annuity is definitely an IRA right now. This would be a different story if this is a non-IRA annuity.

Simply open up a brokerage account at a discount broker at Charles Schwab, and have them initiate a transfer of assets to an IRA. Just remeber that you will probably pay some stiff surrender penalties for doing so.

Alan McKnight, CFP
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.