Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife and I are about to have a baby boy. We'd like to give him my full name but call him by my middle name. What should I watch out for in terms of taxes and credit reports as far as how to report our names. Do i need to start using 'Sr.' after my name? With custodial accounts, should they be set up with 'Jr.' after his name? I'm concerned since several of my friends have had problems with their parents loans or bad credit showing up on my friends accounts (they either had similar names or initials).
I realize that the IRS (and credit reporting agencies) should be able to separate us based on our SSN# but I'd like to avoid any problems before they happen.

john (Sr.)

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.