Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
No. of Recommendations: 183
A little catch up!

1. My portfolio was up 15.1% last week.
2. It is up 45.0% from it’s low of June 16.

This is why I don’t try to time the market. Do you remember back in mid-June when all those trolls showed up telling us that SaaS stocks were finished and would drop another 50% and I was exhausted and frustrated by having to delete a half dozen posts, to sometimes a dozen, posts a day? It was an unpleasant and scary time

3. How did my stocks do from their lows to Friday’s close? Here they are (as of Aug 6) in order of results.

NET, from $38.96 to $74.24, up 90.6% !!!
MDB, from $213.4 to $356.8 up 67.2% !!
BILL, from $89.9 to $142.5 up 58.5% !!
SNOW from $110.3 to $165.53 up 50.1% !!
CRWD, from $130.0 to $191.2 up 47.1% !
MNDY, from $87.05 to $127.83 up 46.8% !
S, from $18.64 to $26.36 up 41.4%
DDOG, from $81.1 to $113.3 up 39.7%

This is why I don’t go into cash. Did I imagine that in seven weeks this was going to happen? No way. If I was in cash, would I have gotten back in at the bottom? (no way). Or would I have worried that it wasn’t the right time yet, and then suddenly the prices would have been up too much and I’d be afraid to get back in.

4. Cloudflare went from fourth place to first place in my portfolio on Friday, rising 27% in a day and 47.6% in a week. It’s now up almost 91% from its low in this contraction.

Did I know that this was going to happen? Not a chance! Just a week or two ago people were telling us how overpriced it was.

5. Datadog, everyone’s favorite, has risen the absolute least from its low, as you see above.

That’s why I’ve quit taking those 30% positions in my favorite companies. It’s never worked for me. My position in Datadog has varied in the past few months from about 17.5% to 19.5%. It’s now 17.4%.

Best, and I hope that this was helpful.

Saul
Print the post  

Announcements

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Enter text here. Please keep promos short.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.