Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Just a note regarding financial aid. You can put the stock in your name or your daughter's. It will not affect financial aid. No matter what, you are expected to pay for your child's education. The laws regarding independence changed in 1992 and unless your daughter is married or over 26, you are the primary funding for your daughter's education. When the colleges do their calculations on "how much of the costs parents can pay" they don't take very much reality into consideration--including whether you might have triplets all in college at the same time. You are expected to pay the same per child you would pay if there was only one.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.