Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I have noticed that I have developed a terrible penchant for adding to my Gorillas that have been punished or ignored by the market.

I recently bought some more QCOM and am considering adding to my GMST which is not up a whole heckuva lot since the beginning of the year. GMST is my largest position by far. I just keep adding to it over and over again.

Does anyone else suffer from these uncontrollable urges or do some of you wait for the prices to move up before you buy?

Just curious...
Laura
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have noticed that I have developed a terrible penchant for adding to my Gorillas that have been punished or ignored by the market.

I recently bought some more QCOM and am considering adding to my GMST which is not up a whole heckuva lot since the beginning of the year. GMST is my largest position by far. I just keep adding to it over and over again.

Does anyone else suffer from these uncontrollable urges or do some of you wait for the prices to move up before you buy?

I am still building my baskets, so for my GG holdings, I add in order to get them all to the same cost basis and then I stop. I have been doing my small caps longer in an account in which I make monthly contributions, and I always find myself adding to the one that has risen the least. After about 6 months, I noticed that the basis on one of my small caps (PLCM) was all out of whack relative to my other holdings simply because it had not dipped as much as any of the others so I added, but all else being equal, I add to the one that has done the least. I don't know why, but I pay more attention to my basis than the value of my holdings; e.g., if I bought JDSU and SCMR at the same time in equal amounts with the intention of buying more later, I will add equal amounts of JDSU and SCMR when later happens no matter how they have performed in the interim.
Print the post Back To Top