Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Just curious, why do you want the zipper to show?

On the outside of the bag, I like to have the zipper contrast, but I think I could certainly use the invisible ones on the inside pockets. I just hadn't thought of that.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have no ideas, I have only seen them used on garments.

Cosmos
What defines a zipper as “invisible”, please? I’ve only ever come across the term in the context of technique to sew in a zipper so that it doesn’t scream “zipper here” when you look at the garment.

- Pam (curious)
What defines a zipper as “invisible”, please? I’ve only ever come across the term in the context of technique to sew in a zipper so that it doesn’t scream “zipper here” when you look at the garment.

An invisible zipper is sewn into the seam, and as the name implies, you do not see the zipper at all. The only thing you will see is the zipper pull

A standard zipper is what most of us are used to seeing, and is one where you do see the zipper, and generally some of the zipper tape. You can probably Google to see pictures that will show it better than I can explain it.
An invisible zipper is sewn into the seam, and as the name implies, you do not see the zipper at all. The only thing you will see is the zipper pull

A standard zipper is what most of us are used to seeing, and is one where you do see the zipper, and generally some of the zipper tape. You can probably Google to see pictures that will show it better than I can explain it.

I didn’t realise there were special zippers sold for sewing in invisibly. I always thought it was down to good technique, whether a zipper is visible or invisible.

- Pam (You learn something new every day.)
I know it's personal preference...but my bag has invisible zippers on the inside. I love them. I can see the seam, so I know where it is. It has regular zippers too. Lots and lots of compartments.

How about pillow covers?

On the outside of the bag, I like to have the zipper contrast, but I think I could certainly use the invisible ones on the inside pockets. I just hadn't thought of that.