Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Just found your post. Since you said that you didn't need the income now. Rollover to an IRA where you have total control of the investments. If you can find the money to pay the taxes on it, then convert to a Roth sounds real good. You might even think about having more than one Roth, so that you could have different beneficiaries for each Roth. This way you can still control the money right up to the death of your husband. The value of each Roth could be different depending who the designated beneficiary is. Not know all of your information is a little difficult to give you more ideas. It sounds as if you are in good financial situation. If you care to share more information to me at I would be glad to give you more ideas.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.