Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi folks, my opinion, for what it’s worth. SEC investigation, previous issues, and now the insurance problem. I’ve even heard the phrase “falling knife” when descriptions of GE are involved.

For the record, I got out of GE before it went below 23. I seriously thought of shorting when the new CEO came on board. (Instead of shorting, I just sold off). In the case of GE today, you really need to ask yourself “Do I really want in, and how much could I make?” Sometimes you need to take a deep breath, and really look at the company, and what is going on. With everything going on, why would you want to get in now? I still think there is way to much on the bad side going on. Will the new CEO change things? Perhaps, but I think it’s pretty clear it won’t be for a while, at best.

But I have this cash and I want to invest, where do I put my money? Look around, do your research, heck, if just have to have GE in your portfolio, invest the cash in a mutual fund that invests in GE. Better to protect your capital instead of reaching to cover loses. One of my problems I have is finding too many good places to put my money, and GE presently is not one of them.

All that being said, I’m watching GE from the sidelines, not even getting interested until some good news starts to come from it. I wish it was different, but as I said, my opinion.

Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.