Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Just QCOM's fundamentals baffle me as to why they would think it has reached the bottom.

Chris
It's great that you are now delving into the TA side of things !!
Look at it this way !! -- QCOM (and others - RMD for example) probably does have great fundamentals BUT there are other factors that effect share price that have nothing to do with how well a stock is doing from an FA perspective.
Look at this !!
http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-000000776jan04.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dtechnology
Why do you think that QCOM's price is dropping when this sort of stuff is showing up.
What the charts do is to very quickly point up how a share is doing and whether you should stay in or get out !! Long before the FA side of the company shows a downturn TA will get you out !!
Look at Resmed - good company but why is it's price falling like a ton of bricks ?? - alternative technology, legal arguments over patents - I don't know but looking at the chart you should have exited around Jan of this year.
If ever there was a lesson I learned it was "never marry a company and always follow the charts"
Regards
Harmy

PS Go out and buy a book called "Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets" by Stan Weinstein published by Mcgraw Hill - it's easy to read and will open your eyes.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.